Friday, 7 August 2009

Another rant

I have a few pet hates in life people lateness, people who lie, drink drivers, judgemental people, fair weather friends and people who claim to be friends when they are obviously not. Now in my case I set extremely high standards for myself and push very hard to achieve my standards. I fully understand that we are all human and no one is perfect.

We all know that one of the quickest ways to wind someone up is to ignore them but recently I have been experiencing something a little bit more extreme from people that I have known for years. They aren’t just ignoring me but denying that they know me or have ever known me among other things. This is really bizarre behaviour and whatever the reason reflects really badly on the people doing it, likewise the result is that we are not friends as I am sick and tired of hearing excuse after excuse.

I want friends who accept me for who I am both good and bad. If you need to put conditions on a friendship or feel the need to publically deny knowledge of me then I don’t want you as a friend.

2 comments:

  1. Preaching to the choir ~ Amen! I will never understand some people, and it is to the point where I will not waste my time trying. I have found, you only have a few people that come in your life that are "true" friends. Doesn't matter when or where you see them, or how long it has been since you have, if you need them they are there. Need cherish those precious few and take what you can from the others when you can get. Ok ~ That is not a sore spot at all ;) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendship is something central to my life yet it has probably caused me the most heartbreak. Perhaps I do set high standards, certainly for myself, in terms of loyalty and honesty but I have tried to be less demanding in terms of others.

    However, the more allowances I have made, the more liberties have been taken and, belatedly, I realise that I was colluding in a downward spiral of diminishing self esteem.

    When I’d hit 40, I had to accept I would probably never have the reciprocal relationship I craved. Having hit 50, I realise this may well apply to close friendship too.

    I try not to expect anything now but rather just appreciate the moments of kindness others show to me and offer that to others.

    ReplyDelete