Tuesday, 4 August 2009

On a side note

Due to the piggy flu I have been unable to have my usual appoint with my therapist so we had a telephone appointment which was different for me. What is becoming more and more apparent is that I am making more positive progress with my self harming. I am now identifying the patterns and urges quicker and taking steps to control them and damage limitation where necessary.

This may not sound allot but it has been just under 5 months since I last cut and did anything serious damage and 12 days since I did anything minor to myself. My aim is to completely stop any form of self harming, deal with any damage and move on with my life.

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news! It all starts with a consciousness of what is going on and then making the effort and following through to make the needed adjustments. I am sure it is not easy, but keep up the good work. I am very proud of you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, i think that any progress no matter how big or small is fantastic. i've never been subjected to anything like this myself but i have known teenagers that suffered from it and I had no idea what to do for them. i commend you on your tenacity to push on and continue with your therapy. I don't know you personally but I'm sure with any type of addiction (?) that taking that first step is the most difficult.

    ReplyDelete