I have just been watching the news and a report about food security and how in the UK we must secure our food supply. There was the usual spiel about food prices increasing and the government needs to do this that and the other.
I understand the need to protect our food supply but surely the priority should be to make sure that the present population has enough food to survive. I don’t just mean people in third world countries, I mean in the UK and Ireland as well. I have come across one family where a lady was starving herself to ensure that her children have enough food to eat. This wasn’t in a third world country and I can’t be the only one who has experienced this.
If people can’t afford to feed themselves and their families at present food prices then they will have no chance if food prices increase further. I don’t for one minute believe that price increases are solely down to food shortages more like companies increasing their profits. Before securing the future allot of people need to get into the real world and sort out the here and now.
No comments:
Post a Comment