Monday, 17 August 2009

The Bug

My life isn’t perfect but it is comfortable and I suppose it is a life that I could eventually completely settle into. Norwich was never the city I planned on living in for more than about 6 months and I have been here for 5 years now. I am sure if I looked hard enough I could meet a new partner, fall in love and settle down for the rest of my life or I could if it wasn’t for the bug that keeps on kicking off inside of me and a certain longing that I can’t ignore.

I have known for a very long time that I needed to leave the UK and settle down in another country. My body may be in the UK but my heart and soul is in Ireland. I have lived there before; I was freezing cold and starving but happy. I love the culture, the people and the language. I firmly believe that I can become the person I want to be in Ireland and live a fulfilled life.

I have started taking the first major steps towards moving but I am not ready to take that final leap yet. Hopefully that will happen in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment