Saturday, 1 August 2009

Banks

I think I am preaching to the converted when I say I fucking hate the banks and have for a long time now. I got right royally screwed over by a bank. They were more interested in making money that supporting me through a rough patch. This isn’t going to be a rant about that it is going to be a rant about the banking system as a whole.

Now the only reason I am still with my present bank is that they haven’t needed to go begging for money after screwing up the economy. I understand the logic of why the government bailed them out but it doesn’t mean that I agree or am happy about it. Without a doubt generation and generation of people are going to be paying for the government’s decision to pump money into the banks. I pay my taxes for healthcare, schools, the forces and not to bail out greedy, selfish people who obviously couldn’t do their jobs if someone was holding their hands.

Perhaps it is me but shouldn’t the banks be paying us back now they seem to be in profit? I paid to bail them out and I want my money back so it can be used for more important things. Things like giving the armed forces the equipment they need and the NHS. In the meantime the banks need to get a grip and support all of their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment