Wednesday, 19 August 2009

My Youngest Daughter

I would like to introduce you tonight to my youngest daughter; she would have been 2 years old on Tuesday. When she was born and they managed to get her breathing she clung onto life for around 10 minutes before she passed away in my arms. I held her until the end because her mum couldn’t bear to hold her. She was so weak, the most she managed was to hold her hand out. She was named Joy by her mum. She is with her sister Orfhlaith and my wife, whenever I talk about my family I am referring to them and only them.

I will do something very special for her and only her on Tuesday, I haven’t thought of what yet but I want to let her know that it may be 2 years since I held her in my arms but I still love her and miss her as much as her older sister. I may not talk about her very often but she is and always will be in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I had the thought of a small beautiful flower growing somewhere unexpected when I read this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete