A few months ago I wouldn’t have considered writing a blog let alone that people would actually read it. I just wanted to thank everyone who has read it, left comments or even clicked on the link. This blog is probably the quickest way to find out about the real me, some of it may sound like I am giving myself a right old kicking but I am only being honest about my experiences and opinions. This is the real me and not what the vast majority of people get to see.
I spend allot of time talking to my therapist about me and one of the things that tends to crop up is confidence and low self esteem. I am going to give you an example in today which is in a way a thank you.
When I joined twitter I didn’t expect to get many followers and certainly didn’t expect that anyone famous would even consider following someone like me. I really didn’t expect to get any responses to any of my messages. I have to be peeled off the walls every time I get a response from Sharon Corr. Nope I am not about to get gushy again about the Corrs. This is about everyone who follows me on twitter.
Over the last few weeks the tweets I have received and read some tweets that have really improved some very hard and shitty days. This has especially been the case over the last few days whilst I have been stuck at home on my own with the flu. Just wanted to say thanks and you all rock!
Good on you - I think blogging can be so many things; but one of the main ones is therapeutic. Even if you don't write anything really personal it's an outlet and having people read it is nice. So thank you for writing this.
ReplyDeletexx
I’ve appreciated having the opportunity to read your blog and have also found writing a blog to be helpful. Although anonymous, as yet, I have not been brave enough to go as far as you have in articulating the particularly painful aspects of my life, I have appreciated the opportunity to express what I can (even if nobody reads it), that which is normally bottled up with everything else in my increasingly reclusive life.
ReplyDeleteTwitter has also been a pleasant surprise (don’t get many of those) both in terms of the warmth of many I have conversed with and the touching depth of some. I am, however, also too aware of the fragility of brief moments of well being and have experienced precipitous dips, along with familiar anxieties. For me, friendship is what I value the most. It’s a precious and all too rare thing and about quality rather than quantity and sensitivity rather than celebrity.
It’s been nice to have moments when I’ve felt, for once, I’ve contributed something that has been appreciated by others (albeit usually only a gratuitous double entendre) though am aware how easy it is for me to get driven by a desperation for approval that can only be ephemeral, at a distance and likely to precede a sudden fall.