We have another by-election tomorrow because the local MP quit after being told he couldn’t stand at the next general election due to expense issues. This isn’t going to be a moan about MPs expenses, as it got boring after the first week of 24 hour news coverage. What this is about is MPs claiming how green they are whilst bombarding us with leaflet, posters and other printed materials.
I kid you not with some of the candidates we have received 3 or 4 leaflets every other day. It got to the point of being silly, after looking at the first leaflet on one day the rest went straight into the recycling bin. In certain candidates cases any literature from them went straight into the recycling bin. Oh and we have another candidate sending out DVDs to everyone, not exactly environmentally friendly. Had I been even considering them they would have lost my vote. To put it mildly stop sending me so much f***ing rubbish, I am not ever going to vote for you.
I am going to vote for someone who actually represents my views and what I want from an MP and from a government, not a minority party and certainly no party that wastes so much. What do I want from a government? Increased funding into neonatal units, research into preventing neonatal deaths and support for everyone during the recession not just a few people.
No comments:
Post a Comment