Monday, 13 July 2009

Music

Music is a huge part of my life and it is very rare for me not to listen to music at some point of the day. I am a music by mood person so what I listen can reflect or change my music. If I am in pain then I try and express it through the music I listen to. My friends will tell you about my slight obsession with the Corrs, especially Sharon. So if they release anything I am going to buy it. I have been known to buy an album on the basis of listening to 30 seconds of music and will pay whatever to buy some rare CDs. One ambition of mine is to learn how to play the violin.

On and off in the news we hear stories about the music industry finally getting tough with people who pirate music, illegally share music and breach the copyright of artists. It has taken them long enough and I personally believe the punishments should be harsher. People who whine after getting caught will get no sympathy from me. People say why should I pay for it if I can get it for free? The simple answer is that you’re breaking the law and not showing any support for the musicians.

Whilst being as harsh as possible on those who break the law the music industry should look at how much the music is finally sold for making sure the people who write and perform get more of the profits. I would be happy paying £20 for a CD if I knew the artist was getting £5+ of it. Likewise retailers need to look at pricing. I am certainly not going to pay more for the privilege of walking into a shop if I can buy exactly the same CD online cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment