Sunday, 26 July 2009

Organic Food

My body is a temple or it would be if I didn’t keep on abusing it in 101 new and exciting ways. Now I am being as nice as I can to myself. I am exercising as much as I can and trying to eat as healthily as I can. I try and follow the recommendations given to us by the experts and one of them is to eat organic food.

Great idea! But hang on I am a call centre minion on call centre wages, this means that to be able to buy purely organic food I would have to mortgage my soul and my soul has already been taken along with my heart. So much as I want to buy food that hasn’t been covered in chemicals I can’t afford to, even with the reasonable wages that I am on.

I know organic food is healthier and I have seen all of the adverts and spin for it, they are preaching to the converted here but they need to find ways of bringing the prices down. They do that and more people will be able to buy organic food. Most people shop within a certain price range and it doesn’t matter what you say to them, if it isn’t in their price range they won’t be buying it.

It really does annoy me when we have all these chefs on TV preaching to us about it. If I was on their wages then yes all of my food would be fair-trade, organic or freedom food.

No comments:

Post a Comment