Sunday, 19 July 2009

Thoughts

I am a vegetarian and have been for a while which is a life style choice. It is nothing to do with ethics or about, I became so particular about meat that it ended up being an expensive waste of time for me. The main issue I have is eating out, my choices start to become more and more limited the higher standard of the restaurant. It is mission impossible if I want to take someone out to a restaurant like the fat duck. Just because I am vegetarian doesn’t mean that I don’t have taste.

People judge other people on the clothes they wear, the car they drive and the house they live in. The bigger the house and car the more successful a person is deemed to be. But should life revolve around what material possessions a person owns? Why must I be judged on what I own? I have decided that the experiences I have in life is more important than owning the biggest house possible. When I am old I want to look back at all of the experiences I have been through and the memories of those I have met rather than my one and only achievement in life being owning the biggest house or most expensive car. Yup I am the black sheep in my family and proud of it.

The swine flu pandemic or panic is well under way; I can’t quite decide which one it is at the moment. Yes I know it has killed 29 people and any death is a tragedy but can we get this into perspective please. There are 60 million people living in this country and 29 deaths. The seasonal flu kills people every year but we don’t have people panicking over that. The chances are we are all going to get it at some point and will build up immunity, it is a fact of life so can we all calm down just a bit please

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment