If there is emotional turmoil inside then putting on a happy act will only cover it up so much. Anyone who knows you well will see right through a happy act. You have to be careful when putting on a happy act as it can end up looking very false. Using self injury is only a temporary measure which can badly go wrong, from personal experience the epic mood drop is worse than anything that is going on internally.
I am really hurting inside at the moment and whilst I have acknowledged it and doing my best to cope with it I need my focus back. I need to concentrate on the normal life things like my job, friends and life in general. I decided today to use one of the most powerful distraction methods that I have, it is probably the best method that I have that doesn’t involve pain or risk.
There is a pond near where I work and I go there when I am having a bad day or today I need my focus back. As I sat there watching the ducks I took myself back to a walk that I had one lunch time several years ago. That walk was perfect! I used as many of my senses as possible to focus on the tiny things from that walk like the weather, what we were wearing and the trees rustling. When doing this my aim is to completely remove myself back to that point, clearing my mind of everything but that point in time. It worked for me so when I returned back to work I was able to give 100 percent.
We all have the really good points in life and those memories can help you get through difficult times and get your focus back. Now I am in the privacy of my own home I can deal with the internal mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment