I am now in the process of dealing with the most difficult part of the death of my friend six years ago. On the whole I haven't discussed what happened that night apart from when legally being required to and in very limited way with other people. I am more than happy to talk to her friends in more detail about what happened and how I managed to resuscitate her. In normal first aid courses you will learn how to administer CPR, you may at a push learn about spinal injuries. The majority of the time the most you will be told to immobilise them and ensure they don't move until the paramedics arrive. To my knowledge there isn't any first aid course that deals with suicides or how to resuscitate someone with a suspected broken neck. First aid courses give you the skills to deal with certain situations on the basis that more qualified help is on it's way.
One thought that keeps on crossing my mind is that is there to much of a price to pay for doing the right thing? I have personally paid a huge price for my actions that night and six years later I am still paying in ways that shouldn't be happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment