Monday, 3 May 2010

Election

The election date is almost upon us. We have had politicians running all over the place trying to get votes. There have been embarrassing moments which the media have reported to death and then a bit more just in case we missed it the first missed million times. We can't forget the egg moment and the idiots, sorry hecklers who have gone out of their way to get their 2 minutes of fame in the news. Most if not all made themselves look completely stupid.

What have the politicians been doing to win my vote? Very little. Yes I have had the leaflets from the conservatives, nothing from the Liberal Democrats or Labour and one leaflet from a far right racist party. A few months ago I received responses from both the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats to emails I sent them.

Labour have failed miserably, they haven't even attempted to win my vote so I have to work on the basis of what I have seen of them over the last parliament. I won't be voting for them on that basis.

That just leaves the Conservative and the Liberal Democrats. The Conservatives have been the most responsive to me, however the Liberal Democrats saying about a £10000 personal allowance seriously appeals to me. They are pro Euro as I am but they are against Trident which I fully support.

I will probably make my decision on Thursday when I go to vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment