Sunday, 16 May 2010

I miss my mum

That is a sentence I never thought I would type or say but yes I miss my mum. I haven't seen her for quite a number of years now. I think I was 8 or 9 years old when she took me to school. She took us to the shop and bought me and my brother some sweets. Mine were polos and then she watched us go into school. That evening my dad picked us up from school and we were told.

A few weeks later we got word that she was at my grandmas and we went to visit her. The last time we had any contact from her was a letter saying she was leaving the country. I assume that this was after my parents had divorced. I was frequently reminded about this whilst growing up.

So why am I suddenly missing her? I have missed her on and off for many years now. I wonder if she misses me?, does she ever think about me? does she remember my birthday? Did she marry again and do I have any brothers and sisters? Would she even recognise me? Would she even care?

She has missed so much of my life. The good, bad, ugly and perfect moments. Two grand daughters and a daughter in law she may never know about. My success at the Open University and so much more.

I know she may never read this but I want to her to know that I hope she is well, happy and successful in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment