Monday, 18 January 2010

Security

Tonight I want to talk about a point in my life that still hangs over me today. It was the point that I was completely alone and had lost virtually everything. Things had got so bad for me that I call it my beyond crisis situation. Rejected by my parents, hiding the situation from the love of my life and homeless. Things were so bad that I chosen the place that I was going to sleep at night. All of my possessions were in one suitcase.

I managed to find somewhere to live in 7 days and moved in 10 minutes after viewing the room. My landlord had to life my suitcase up the stairs to my bedroom. Over the next week or so I had to sell all of my belongings that hadn't been damaged to be able to live. I sold possessions worth hundreds for a matter of pounds. I spent days surviving on porridge made with water and nothing else. What was damage was either thrown away or left in a pile in my bedroom.

I was left with nothing and it has taken me over 4 years to replace everything I lost and get back to a position in life where I am comfortable again. The problem is that I may be comfortable but I am far from what you would call secure. Even after this period of time I still have an escape plan. If I buy any luxuries it can take me months before I use them. I value what little I have in life more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment