Thursday, 24 March 2011

Bring on the positivity!

*raises hand* I have gone through some pretty intense flashbacks recently, some have scared me silly and others have broken my heart. March is always a very difficult time of the year for me. Virtually all of what has been going on has been completely hidden from 99.99% of everyone that knows me. I have done what I needed to get through this time.

Here comes the positivity! I will repeat what I have just said, I have done what I needed to do to get through this time whilst drawing very little attention to myself or what is happening. I have diverted peoples attention away from me. I have done it with very little money, support or wiggle room. I have avoided inflicting any damage on myself and hopefully continued to change peoples perception of me.

I am now stronger than I have ever been and I am actively planning for the future. It may sound corny but for me the future is a far brighter than the past could ever be. The urges to injure myself are becoming less and no where near as intense as they used to be. I am able to acknowledge them when they happen, view them as urges and nothing more and know that the feeling will pass. I am being very proactive in dealing with issues as they arise and getting things sorted quicker than I would have done before. Also I think I need to say that I am not running away from the past, I am embracing the parts of the past that I need to and bringing them along with me.

*insert smilie face here*

No comments:

Post a Comment