Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Bad Day

I am reliably told that flashbacks are a good thing, it is the minds way of fixing things. I suppose it goes back to the events to try and find a way of resolving what has happened. I am currently going through a period of time where mine are getting more intense and distressing. Today was a major one where my sense of safety completely disappeared resulting in me panicking and having to leave work. Another weird side effect was my arm got really really painful. I am told that I must accept them and let them happen.

There are some events in life that can't be changed or altered. There are some things that just can't be repaired regardless of how many times you visit the event or are taken there by a mind trying to repair the damage caused. Lives that have been taken in the most heartbreaking ways can't be returned. It isn't fair that a broken heart is damaged further by revisiting those moments where the loss is the hardest and the distress is the highest. I am told this is normal and I must endure it whilst functioning normally.

When do the flashbacks end? Why must I take so many steps forward just to be knocked back by my mind trying to fix what can't be fixed?

No comments:

Post a Comment