Sunday, 13 March 2011

Help

i have been struggling with a specific flash back for days now, it has a grip on me and isn’t letting go. I have tried all of the usual things distraction, grounding myself and distancing myself from it and so far it hasn’t worked. I think it is because my brain is still trying to work out how to deal with it. I need to find a way to get this under control as I am back at work tomorrow and I am required to have everything perfectly under control and have their specified public image showing. I honestly can’t afford for my job to be impacted and if I let on there is a fairly major problem it will just add onto those issues. I am fighting the urges to use some quite extreme methods which admittedly would get things back under control fairly instantly.

I have coping strategies and I am fully aware of the triggers that normally set off a flashback. However they seem to be becoming more unpredictable and they are becoming stronger and stronger. I am finding it harder to ground myself and the effects seem to be lasting for days now.

I am being as proactive as I can which is why I am writing this post. If anyone knows any UK based organisations or charities that can help me then can you please let me know. DM, e mail, tweet or send a messenger pigeon. I am not going to have a repeat of last year where I completely lost control.

No comments:

Post a Comment