Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Rant

I need a good old fashion rant so please bear with me and forgive me in advance. I know there are more important things going on in the world but honestly there are some things and people that are really starting to annoy me.

In the last week I have had the pleasure of sitting and listening to people make comments and judge me because I am wearing a hoodie. Both times I have been in church and these people who claim to be Catholics seem to think it is acceptable to publicly judge another person because of the clothes they are wearing. Just because you are old doesn’t give you the right to be rude, judgmental and to act in a way that is going to cause others offence.

Yes I wear a hoodie! That doesn’t mean that I am going rob you, abuse you or be nasty in any way. No I don’t take drugs, I very rarely drink and I treat others the way I expect to be treated. I work full time and I pay taxes, I am responsible and ensure that I pay my bills on time. I give to charity as much as I possibly can. Oh and lets move onto clothes my favourite label is Armani, my shoes are Timberland and whilst I may look scruffy at times the look I have is spot on perfect. Something the 9 out of 10 people can’t manage and no I don’t have to spend hours getting ready.

I am a private person so this means unlike the most people I won’t openly talk about who I am seeing or what I am doing unless I know you. Why because unlike the Jeremy Kyle generation or these Catholics I don’t feel to openly discuss my private life in the hope of getting some acceptance. I have done some huge amazing things over the last 10 years and again I don’t feel the urge to throw that in everyones face because I don’t feel the need to justify my worth to society. My worth to society is already known and accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment