Sunday, 19 December 2010

Tis the season

Not long until Christmas and I hope everyone is ready? I wasn’t planning on treating myself to anything until my income was back to decent levels. To keep the peace and stop everyone continually having a go I have now treated myself to the following.

A scarf
A pair of Armani socks
A strainer for my kitchen
Salt on DVD

Every year I try my best to make Christmas as special as possible and this year was going to be the same, minus spending money on myself. If we exclude the strainer which I needed the money I have spent on the other things could have been put towards something I really wanted. Admittedly it would have been bought after Christmas.

This year has been fairly consistent for me, in which I mean I have been in the wrong 99.99% of the time. I have even managed to upset people by buying them presents. I am also waiting for the abuse from my step mother about buying her a gift. This will be the first year that I have managed to fail in the two basic expectations that I have each year. I have now thrown everything I have in the year and given up. I know you can’t please all of the people all of the time but it would have been nice to please one or two people.

Now dear reader I must put the breaks on this post and say but, yes there is always a but. I am going to do another list so everything is very clear.

I now have 120 credits at university which is an achievement.
I have and continue to develop my music tastes.
I have got back into cooking and try to cook from scratch rather than ready meals.
I am emotionally stronger than have been for a long time.
I have some good friends
I am more at peace with my family.
My faith is getting stronger and stronger.
I am still getting the odd tweet from celebrities

I have said before that in my humble opinion Christmas is about family and celebrating with them. Well I can’t go back to Nottingham because of my step mother, I am not going to ruin my dads Christmas by spending the entire time at war with his wife. I can’t spend time with my natural mother, again this is another situation that is out of my control. I would love to spend time with my true family but as we know that would be very difficult. This is my situation and no I am not looking for sympathy.

Now this Christmas I am going to cook myself a decent and special meal. I have decided that I will go to mass on Christmas day. I will have placed the decorations on the Christmas tree for my daughters. I hope the presents I have given out will add to the recipients Christmas. I will have a candle lit for my family all day and will have a drink or six. I will be sending messages to everyone I know on Twitter and possibly Facebook. So no I won’t be having a perfect Christmas and it will be far from extravagant. It won’t be anywhere close to the Christmas other people are having but what it will be is special.

If I have any message then I would say enjoy your Christmas however big it may be. I know I will be enjoying mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment