Sunday, 4 April 2010

Perfect

What do we mean by perfect, perfection? Who defines what it means and is it really possible to achieve such a standard? To me perfect is something that people agree is without fault. That is completely flawless. The problem I find is that one persons perfection can be another persons nightmare. For something to be perfect I believe it has to have more depth than looks alone. An internally flawless diamond is perfect, depending on your taste a certain bottle of wine can be perfect. My daughters were perfect.

What I want to talk about is the perfect moment in time. Can one really have what everyone would agree a perfect moment in time? Something so significant that it is faultless in every way. There was a walk that I took one lunchtime a few years ago which I believe had such a moment in time. The location, environment and person I was with and realising my feelings. However for it to be truly perfect she had to be thinking the same, something I will never know. So it was as close to perfection as it could have been.

I have described the moment I bonded with my eldest daughter as a perfect moment. At that moment I had something I had been searching for my entire life. A family of my own. I have also described it as the most heart breaking moment of my life. Now most people would agree that it is a perfect moment. It was a defining moment in my life, I have also torn myself apart over it numerous times because of the huge amount of pain involved. My question to you would be can such a period in time be described as perfect? I would have to say yes it can be described as perfect even with all of the heartbreak and pain caused. I would give more than any one man could to be back there again.

Will I ever have a truly perfect moment that doesn't have doubt, pain or heartbreak in it or as a result of it? I hope so but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment