Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Football

This post is going to be a bit of a rant and I would ask that you forgive me in advance. Tomorrow England are playing in a football match which it appears they must win to stay in the world cup. I have just read a new article where a union said that employers should made provision so employees can watch the match.

From a personal point of view I became a very unpopular person when I didn't cheer for England when they scored in the last world cup. I have also had several people try and make a point of me because I don't support England. Apparently I should be supporting England because I was born here. It appears that the world will end if England don't win the world cup.

Seriously what the fuck? The fixtures for the world cup have been known for a while so people have had plenty of time to book time off work. Why should the country stop just for one game? It isn't exactly the final match is it? When I am at work I am paid to do my job not to watch football.

Also why should I support England? I don't appreciate been dictated to over what I should do or who I should support. I have made it clear from the start I support the Republic of Ireland in all sporting events. Yes I know they didn't get through but you are supposed to support a team through the good and bad stages. Any true football fan would agree with that statement.

People seriously need to get a grip!

2 comments: