Ok I am going to start with the London fashion week. If you don’t know when London fashion week is then a fairy good indicator is when we get size zero reports on the news and the yearly reports saying about pro anna websites and how they should all be shut down and tighter controls on them.
For those who don’t know what I am talking about when I say pro anna, I mean pro anorexia websites that people. These vile websites encourage people; give support and guidance on the best ways for people to lose as much weight as possible. Women who lose as much weight as possible are seen as role models. These websites do not support people in recovery, they make matters worse.
Organisations like b-eat have been calling for these websites to be shut down for years with the support of a huge amount of people but only tend to get news coverage around the fashion week. It really fucks me off. I am not saying that companies should stop using thin models but there is a huge difference between thin and unhealthy models. They shouldn’t use anyone who is below the minimum BMI for their height etc.
Likewise the government and internet service providers should close down all pro anna websites!
No comments:
Post a Comment