Even by my standards I was being particularly vicious to myself on Thursday. I started on myself in the morning which resulted in superficial burns. Later on in the evening I accidentally ruined my dinner, I then used twitter to publically humiliate myself before forcing myself to eat a dinner I wouldn’t feed my worst enemy. I went to bed in the foulest mood I have been in for a very long time.
I received an e mail yesterday from a company called Thomas Fergusons Irish Linen offering me 20% off any order and something clicked in me. The one thing my wife loved doing is buying things for our home and her response would have been the same as me, I ordered a Duvet cover. It is bloody expensive but worth it.
Today I have been doing more of the same and wandering around the shops in the city choosing things for my future home in Ireland. Most of which I will be buying over the next few weeks and months. My wife was the one who got me into doing this among other things and I have no doubt that had she been with me we would have spent a small fortune. My wife changed me in so many good ways. I am proud of her!
The great thing is I have now completely chilled out and having a weekend where I am being as nice as I possibly can to myself. I need it after the way I was on Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment