Monday, 5 September 2011

Covering Up

I am now at the point where my self harming has all but stopped, if it does happen then any damage is very minimal and at worst fades after a few days. It normally kicks off around my daughters birthday or if I am really stressed out about something.  I talk very openly about it on here, with my therapist and a very select few if they ask about it.  The days of me hurting myself as often as possible have long gone.  I will wear short sleeves unless I am told to cover up.

The thing is I am now at the point where I feel like I need to cover up more.  Not because I am going to be harming myself more but to protect myself.  There are a few scenarios where any visible signs of any damage would actually cause me more trouble that it is worth and I still firmly believe that I am judged on the basis of my scars rather than my achievements and who I really am.

If anything does happen then no one will notice and I can feel more confident and secure on a day to day basis.

I just need to go shopping now

No comments:

Post a Comment