I am going to make a statement tonight which will probably irritate a few people. Self harming is the quickest way of wrecking any chance of having a relationship with someone. No one wants to see scars on someone they might be attracted to, especially if it is obvious that they are self inflicted. This is even more so when a person is trying to punch above their weight and get someone who is way out of their league.
In my case I managed to spectacularly blow what slim chances I had of a full relationship with a lady who was well out of my league. What made it worse in my case was I managed to do this after we had been together on one occasion. Her comments although very hard and hurt were fair enough and I would even go as far as saying deserved in my case. I think with most people the alarm bells the alarms would go off when seeing self inflicted scars on someone they were attracted to. They were not caused by anything to do with her or any conversation we had. I have written about the cause of them in great depth on here. I haven't pursued her since then.
It did teach me a good lesson in life, one that I am not planning on repeating if I am being honest. I still consider myself damaged goods and although I would love to be in a relationship, from what I can see that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I am currently doing everything I can to become the person I know I can be and at that point I hope to be able to attract the right sort of lady who will accept me scars and all.
I still have a large amount of work to do but hope to get there sooner rather than later.
No comments:
Post a Comment