Tomorrow is going to be an unusual day for me. I am finally going to be able to start closing the door on a horrific chapter in my life. I have posted about it before and it was the part of my life where I became homeless for a short period of time and was extremely close to being on the streets. At this point in my life I lost everything I owned. Either it had to be abandoned, ended up completely damaged and broken or I had to sell it to make sure I could eat.
At the time I did have some valuable possessions which I ended up selling at times for a matter of pounds, I remember even being grateful to these people for buying them. They would have made a huge profit on certain items and quite rightly so. I have always said I am not a material person but I think part of recovering and rebuilding ones life is to replace what you have lost if at all possible.
Now tomorrow morning I am going to replace what I believe is the final item that I had to sell. I am going to fairly seriously overstretch myself moneywise doing this but I believe that this is necessary and possibly fairly important for me. Moving forward I will then be able to deal with some of the mental scars caused by that period of my life.
The ability to recoup can often make a difference in achieving closure. I hope it works for you! :)
ReplyDelete