Living on my own the one thing I miss is homemade food. Food that has had love care and attention given to it, cooked to perfection. Yes I will cook for other people and make sure that I cook myself a half decent meal once a week but most of the time it is food out of a packet, with the odd occasional meal out. I also miss having a gas cooker as I find it easier to cook on them.
My grandma used to make the perfect chocolate cake and Sunday roasts. Her chocolate cakes were huge and so tasty that they could be sold. She was an expert when it came to making Yorkshire puddings and she knew how to cook the perfect fillet steak. Apple pies, crumbles you name it. She could make it and she never used a recipe book.
One day when I have a decent kitchen and great cooking equipment I will be able to get back to cooking fantastic food for family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment