I am sitting here haunted by my past. It normally gets me when I am tired, on my own and feeling very delicate. Self harming tends to make this worse and not better, I have tried it before and ended up having full on flashbacks.
I have already posted that I have managed to get through the worst part of the year without any damage or a repeat of last year. If I am honest it was a knife edge and took a huge fight with the limited support I have had. I am not all the way through this yet.
Admittedly I have gone from self harming at every available opportunity. At my worst I couldn't wait for my wounds to heal so I could do it again, the addiction was controlling me to what we have now. I am in the best position I have been for a long time. By the end of this year I hope to have my certificate of higher education in social sciences. As a result I am more frequently told that I should be proud of myself. I am always very grateful for compliments even though I may not always take them in or understand them.
I have a serious question, how do I feel pround of myself?
No comments:
Post a Comment