October is breast cancer awareness month and I have to say how impressed I am with one lady in particular on twitter who has managed to raise over £1500 for charity in a few days. I believe she managed £500 in one day. How did she do this? By posting a picture of her in a bra and using the power of Twitter. So @Helen_b some serious kudos for you!
After going to my tutorial yesterday I decided to wander around the city do a bit of shopping as you do. Some of you may know that I am trying to design my perfect house, which is partly a distraction and partly if I am going to settle down somewhere then I want it to be the perfect house. I had been walking past this shop called Fired Earth which is an interior design place for ages and decided to go in to try and find some paint that I had been looking for.
I hadn’t noticed that my late wife’s sister was sitting on a bench outside the shop. I walked out of the shop and was happily putting my sample in my bag when I hear her say “what shop is that” someone sitting next to her said it was an interior design shop. She says “my sister used to do that” bursts into tears and walks rapidly away. I realise who it is and try to find her but can’t. So now I am also upset and feeling very delicate again.
The Hilton Nottingham is a fairly posh hotel in the centre of Nottingham and I had the pleasure of staying there after I had been to a charity event during the day and a ball in the evening. The ball itself went well. I think I was one of the first to leave which was unusual for me but that is a different story, I left everyone at 1:30am. The first thing I noticed when I got back to my hotel room was how cold it was; seriously it was freezing in that room. Great hotel, pity they don’t know the meaning of heating.
No comments:
Post a Comment