Monday, 10 December 2012

Presents

One thing very few people know is just how much thought and effort I put into buying presents for others, especially at Christmas.  It is really important that I get it spot on right for the person that I am buying for, but also the meaning behind it.  Yes there is a meaning or message behind everything I buy for someone else.

For example if I am buying someone chocolate then you can almost guarantee that I have tried the chocolate to make sure it is spot on and suitable for them.  For example there are certain brands and types that I will buy as a gesture gift, there are others that I will buy for friends, there are others that I will buy when I want to make a point and finally there is a specific brand I will buy to make my intentions very clear (roughly translated that means I want to get into your knickers, go out with you or that I have feelings for you). For obvious reasons I am not going to specify which brands are which as the same system also applies to other types of gifts.

I also take this a step further as the wrapping paper has to be spot on for the person I am buying for.  The difference with this system is the amounts I spend. I may spend more money on someone lower in the pecking order that someone higher. The difference being the time I spend preparing and choosing the gift and worrying if the person is going to take it the wrong way receiving a gift from me. I am always genuine with my gifts and stay within very defined boundaries but have had people take it the wrong way before.

There are a very select few people out there that I would love to buy statement gifts for but then that normally involves underwear and me wanting to see them in it, or very expensive wine which they may not appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment