Ah the new year is rapidly approaching towards us, a time when historically I tend to be in for a rough ride. This year is no exception with flashbacks and nightmares over the last few nights, I am not expecting any let up for the next few nights either. So this post can be about them or something more positive.
I have decided to go with the more positive theme today and talk about new years resolutions. I have decided to publish mine, a little behind them and we shall see if I manage to keep them this year. I kept the one I made last year!
Let's start with the charity one. This year my aim is to give 2.5% of my take home pay to charity. That may not seem a huge amount but it is a minimum and excludes purchases from charity. It is always a positive thing to give to charity and I tend to target mine to charities that don't have massive incomes.
Turn over a new leaf with certain people. This one is going to be difficult as I have a bucket load of anger for them and have no reasons to be civil to them. They hold me back in life so turning over a new leaf may mean some difficult decisions, ignoring the anger and holding out an olive branch to them. It may also mean that I have to remove them from my life completely which is something I find hard to do. However doing this is going to make me a better person.
I want to try and learn a new language. We all should, no other reasons.
Develop my tastes, hobbies and interests so I can meet new people. I need more of the right people in my life. People who are going to enhance it rather than make it worse. This will help me take the steps forward in my life.
What are your New Years Resolutions?
No comments:
Post a Comment