Monday, 9 May 2011

Birthdays

I want to talk about my daughters and their birthdays. I have spoken in great depth about the raw pain, how it devastates me and how it reduces me to tears. It is something that I only express in the privacy of my own home.

Twice a year on the run up to their birthdays I do something completely different. I deliberately allow the pain and emotion to take over me. I accept, embrace and ride the tidal wave. It is something that I need to do. I walk into the city and spend time choosing the perfect birthday card for them. It is a public show of strength which shows my daughters that I still love them and will NEVER forget them. It is heartbreaking, it hurts, it is a journey that I have to do on my own. It is a journey that makes me stronger.

Always loved, never forgotten. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment