Tuesday, 30 November 2010

Coppers

Last night I watched Coppers on channel 4. I really liked this programme because rather than the usual politically correct views it was open and honest. We watched the policing of a protest by two fiercely rival groups. Now the point that really caught my interest was when they used the dogs. Now in case you don't know dogs are a very powerful weapon used by the police, they are intimidating and tend to bite people who get in their way then expect to be rewarded for it. They don't give a shit wether you are a protester, criminal or police officer. The programme showed one dog biting a police officer that got to close when it was doing it's thing.

Now one set of protesters were kicking off and the riot police were using batons on them with very little success. These people are hard, they weren't going to back down because the police were kicking off. Well that was until the police bought the dogs in, then it was quite literally like the parting of the sea. These people were happy to take on baton welding police officers but bring on the dogs and they ran. It was brilliant and I hope the dogs were rewarded for their work.

I must applaud Channel 4 for this programme

No comments:

Post a Comment