I wouldn’t call myself a royalist but I do believe that the royal family have their limited place in society. As with everything I believe that they need to evolve and move forward to keep their place within society. I do not believe for one minute that senior members of know what it is like for the rest of us, and no going to charity events and shaking a few hands does not count as experience.
There was an article recently where the question should Camilla be queen was asked. I know there was a huge amount of discussion as to if Prince Charles could actually marry her. I for one firmly believe that she should be queen and perhaps then the royal family can look at other things that are holding them back.
The one I am thinking is about Catholics, if you wish to stay inline to the throne then you can’t be Catholic. Likewise if you want to marry into the royal family and retain your place inline then you can’t be catholic or you have to renounce your faith. This is wrong and even if a Catholic was to become king or queen it would change nothing apart from ruffling a few very insignificant feathers who would bleat “constitutional crisis” for a few years while the rest of us would carry on as normal.
Moving onto Ireland and their bail out which isn’t a bail out, which isn’t happening, which is happening. Yes we all witnessed politicians resorting to blatant lying and hoping we all believed them. We didn’t believe them and they were made to look very silly when they had to finally admit what we all knew.
I am watching Ireland closely and praying that things don’t implode. The Irish are being really hit very hard because of their banking system and lame politicians. Now because Europe, The IMF and other countries such as the UK are having to rescue Ireland I fear that the vast majority of decent, hard working Irish people are going to really suffer because of a few. Those few need to be punished and loose their assets to help pay for their mess.
Finally onto something less important which is me. There is a part of my life which I have on face value to have completely lost. Documents that are in very safe keeping are now permanently out of my reach, not through choice but they are. A valuable book and extremely precious letter are gone and I suspect will never be returned. I have been waiting nearly five years for them and every time I ask for them I am lied to. Now I will try and replace the book but I have doubts if I will ever find a copy and it isn’t the same anyway.
I was made promises which weren’t true, made to jump through hoops for scraps, told by one particular lady that I was the sort of friend that was distant, that she never really had contact with, rejected, abandoned, repeatedly lied to and made to look very stupid. The stupid thing is that because of the scraps I was thrown I kept on going back for more.
What makes matters worse is that I can guarantee that all of those people will think that they have done nothing wrong and that what they did to me was perfectly acceptable. This was reinforced by me repeatedly going back to them. They are above me in society (seriously) and I know my place. As a result I have failed myself on a massive scale, failed someone I love on an even bigger scale and suffered considerable losses. I have spent a large amount of time trying to recover my loses and undo my failure but have now come to the point where it is obvious that I am not going to be able to. Yet again I must ask for forgiveness and find a suitable way of punishing myself for my failures.
Finally Christmas, yes I know we are only heading towards the end of November but I need to talk about it. My dream was one day to finally have a decent Christmas but again this is not going to happen this year. No I haven’t written off Christmas, far from it. I just have to be realistic as lots of bills have come in and the vast majority have gone up, I have been off work ill for just under four months and I am loosing money.
I need to be very careful with money for the next few months to ensure all of my bills are paid, I keep a roof over my head and to ensure that I am able to buy everyone presents. I have cancelled my trip to Ireland and decided not to treat myself this year as I would normally do. I will buy everyone the best I can afford but must ask for your forgiveness in advance if it isn’t on the level of previous years.
Time for me to sign off for today
Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment