Monday, 13 September 2010

Dream of you

I don't normally post reviews of music but I thought I would make an exception for Sharon Corr's new album Dream of You. I remember reading in Hot Press that Sharon was working on an album many months ago, I looked for further information but couldn't find anything. I joined Twitter and have been following Sharon since day one, she followed me back and we have tweeted several times.

The album itself was released on the 10th September in Ireland and today in the UK. I believe it is also being released worldwide over the next few weeks. My first thought of the album is that this is a very mature album. I had very high expectations for this album and it doesn't disappoint me. In a way it reminds me of White Ladder by David Gray which for me can only be a good thing! It is very chilled out but you can almost fell the pain being expressed in parts of the album. Real world would be an example of this.

I tweeted over the weekend that I believed that Sharon's album would go higher in the charts than Andrea's did. Listening to it, I have no doubt that this is the case and it will do. Andrea's album was good but Dream of You is great, I am sure Andrea would be happy and proud to see this.

Would I recommend that you buy this album? Without a doubt I would.


Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment