It doesn’t half take a lot of energy to really hate another person to the point that you can only ever see what they have done wrong. Quite frankly to hate someone to that sort of extreme is actually knackering. Keep with me there is a point to all of this and no it isn’t a full on rant, although I would be perfectly justified to have a full on rant about specific people and events. The downside to all of that would it would probably put me at personal risk. Believe me there are quite a few people who I have every right to hate with a passion until the end of their natural lives.
A few weeks ago I came to the conclusion that something had to change for me to move forward in my life and perhaps become a better person. I decided that regardless of whom the person was or is and what they had done, I had to stop hating them. I am not talking about forgiving them, forgetting what has happened, group hugs or becoming life long friends. I am talking about removing a major barrier to me moving forward in my life and becoming a better person. I think it means that I end up more at peace with myself.
Within this group of people the fact that I no longer hate them doesn’t change how I will deal or interact with them, mainly because I really don’t want to know them or because what they did was so serious or offensive that nothing they can say or do now will change of make amends for what has happened.
I can now use all of the time and energy that I am saving on more positive things and better people.
No comments:
Post a Comment