The union hasn't actually given notice of a strike date or dates yet and still we have stupid people thinking it is the end of the world and panic buying. This isn't a third world country, last time I checked we weren't at war, there hasn't been a major disaster, the price of fuel isn't about to triple and yet there are people panic buying. What these stupid people don't seem to be able to comprehend is that THEY are creating the problem.
I have seen this happen numerous times with food. I have seen people literally strip shelves of food in supermarkets because of an apparent crisis. It isn't big or clever, in fact in some of the cases I have seen it is selfish. An example; a man fills his trolley with bread and other stuff which means the little old lady who just wanted a loaf of bread couldn't have one. I had to restrain my disgust on that occasion.
You may not realise this but the unions are fully aware that they have to keep us the general public on side in any strike. The last thing they need is a public backlash when a strike happens so I find it very highly unlikely that we are going to see drivers on strike for weeks at a time. Likewise going on strike means loosing wages, you don't get paid when on strike! So realistically can you see tanker drivers going on strike for weeks? No! So why the stupidity? There really isn't any excuse for it!
"I need my car to take the kids to school, for work, because I am to lazy to walk" So what? The strike dates haven't been declared yet! Tends to make panic buying a completely pointless exercise if the strikes don't happen for another month. Oh and there are laws about how much petrol can be stored at home. and the amount is significantly less than a tank of petrol in most cars. I distinctly remember being prosecuted before over fuel hoarding in the past.
So in conclusion we can all agree that people are being stupid and the government is being weak. Situation normal then!
No comments:
Post a Comment