Monday, 18 July 2011

Monday meltdown

There is nothing quote like an epic brain fart, aka a flashback to ruin your Monday.  It is my first day back to work after three weeks off and I was hoping to throw myself back into work with my usual gusto. I am not afraid to admit that I was looking forward to going into work. It may not be my perfect job but the company (my team) is great.

On Saturday my brain kicked off in quite spectacular way as I was on my way to buy some food. I managed to get it back under control until I got home. Saturday night got a bit messy and the bruising on my arm will testify to that. Sunday it felt like I had finally got things back under control and all I had to do was be nice to myself until I can get to see my therapist on Wednesday.

That brings us swifty onto this morning. Raring to go I headed into the city to do some shopping and I have the same flashback as I did on Saturday with a little bit more intensity.  My voice has gone and quite frankly I feel rather rubbish now. Yes this big burly bloke is feeling crap and needs a hug.  I can't tell my colleagues about it because it really isn't appropraite to talk about at work. 

The challenge I have now is to get through the rest of my shift and play nicely tonight when I get home. With everything that is going on it is probably a little bit unfair inflicting pain and abuse on myself over something that I can't control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment