I have a dilemma and wanted to post on here. I need some advice so please feel free to post in the comments here, mail or tweet me with your thoughts. It is a bit of a sensitive subject for me and it is about my youngest daughter Joy who would have been 3 years old on the 25th August.
Now I will hold my hands up and say that things have been bad between Joys mother and myself. For whatever reason she rejected Joy when she was born and had been in denial about her since the funeral. We had fallen out but recently started talking again and i found out that the reason for the denial was because she hadn't told her new husband about Joy. Whilst I still have my doubts about her motives and reasons I have accepted this. She now claims she has told her husband about her.
She knows that I haven't told my parents about Joy and is now saying that I should tell them about her. I have never denied anything about Joy, admittedly I haven't really openly talked about Joy but I have never been in denial about her existence. My parents reaction about Orfhlaith was beyond strange and apart from making me feel like a failure they sent me pictures of my brothers baby. I know they are angry with me but my priority was my family at the time.
Telling my parents would achieve nothing. It does hurt me that they don't know and part of me says that they have a right to know. However I believe it would do nothing to improve the relationship between us and if their last reaction is anything to go by it will make matters worse.
So my question is should I tell them or should I keep quiet?
I believe you should go with your gut instinct.I Have not told my family certain things for the same reasons.I personally would not tell them. Its not as though they really care anyway. sorry if that seems harsh, but why put yourself through any more. you have suffered enough already.
ReplyDelete