My name is Michael and I am a human being, a mere mortal if you wish. Now if you were to believe some people around me then absolutely everything is my fault as I was reminded recently for the billionth time by the same person. I am not talking about just the odd occasional mistake that a person may make in their daily lives. If you are to believe these people I have some sort of magical superpower that means I have complete and utter control over other people which means their numerous failures are down to me. They are icons of perfection so couldn't possibly do anything wrong. It even goes as far as situations that I have no control or influence over, they mess up and regardless of what happens to me it is my fault. It is no joke to say that I can go above and beyond, stand in front when most people would cower and you guessed it anything happens and it is my fault.
Being a stubborn person with a tiny amount of self esteem and confidence I used to spend a huge amount of time and effort arguing we these people, putting my side of the argument and showing them that I wasn't in the wrong but quite frankly it got boring. When I say boring I am talking about mind numbingly boring. It is a predictable broken record routine, although admittedly not as predictable as they are. It does my brain in. I tried smiling sweetly and ignoring them in the hope that they would go away, that didn't work. My latest method is to agree with them. I find this tends to keep them happy and makes them shut up quicker. They think that they have proven a point, in their tiny minds they continue to think that they are superior to me. It keeps them happy and gives me a bit of peace and quiet so I can concentrate on the important things in life.
I am able to accept the consequences of my actions, I am able to stand up and take responsibility for my actions especially when I mess up, I know how and when I should apologise to people, I don't feel the need to blame others when something goes wrong and I certainly don't think I am superior to others. If I can do all of these normal things then my question to you people is why the f**k can't you? Seriously if you are supposed to be professional then try acting like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment